Core Functions of Hillside’s Governing Body
Governors are the strategic leaders of our school and play a vital role in making sure every child gets the best possible education. The purpose of the Governing Body is to ‘conduct the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement at the school’ (Section 21(2) of the Education Act 2002).
The three core strategic functions of our Governing Body are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
Membership of Hillside’s Governing Body
Governors hold an important public office and their identity should be known to their school and wider communities. Please see our Governing Body Membership document to view the following information:
- Membership details of our Governing Body
- Relevant business or pecuniary interests
- Committee membership and delegation to individuals
- Attendance record at meetings for the previous full academic year
Governors can be contacted via the school office. If the matter is confidential please mark it Private and Confidential, for the attention of Mrs Pauline Lucas, Chair of Governors.